Use the menu below to navigate the pages of Every Body Matters ONLINE.
Physical fitness can have a positive impact on your spiritual and emotional growth. Through engaging stories of everyday people, Gary Thomas illustrates how becoming physically fit can lead to:
- increased sensitivity to God’s voice
- renewed energy for God’s work
- greater joy for living
- a fortified soul better able and more willing to serve and love others
The goal is to cultivate strong, well-nourished bodies that are primed to be instruments for special purposes, made holy and prepared to do any good work.
Embrace an active lifestyle and fortify your soul.
As I keep getting older, my relationship with food and my practice of eating has to get older too. And that has meant forging a new relationship with hunger.
It’s important to know the difference between physical hunger, emotional hunger, intimacy hunger, relational hunger, and any other kind of hunger. Many, many calories are consumed in response to needs and appetites that have little or nothing to do with physical hunger but rather are consumed in response to appetites that these calories will never touch.
I aspire to live at a place where being fit matters more to me than not being hungry. This has led to a new realm of spiritual freedom. I don’t fear affluent hunger; it might not be pleasant, but it’s something I can live with, and occasionally need to live with, for spiritual reasons as much as physical.
My book Every Body Matters addresses the spiritual hunger to make connections between daily physical living and faith in God. Start reading then re-reading the book. This is one hunger pang that will get you where you want to go.
-Gary Thomas, Author
Thomas Edison was all about inventing solutions to meet needs. From him we get the motivational phrase, “One percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration”. Every Body Matters ONLINE provides you with the applications, resources and networking you need to transform the inspiration from the book Every Body Matters into some fun, engaging and healthy perspiration.
The Faith & Fitness Magazine team has developed Every Body Matters ONLINE as a bridge between the book and physical activities. It is a tool to help you expand physical fitness beyond the traditional exercise and wellness goals and address deeper spiritual needs.
1. The Every Body Matters Fitness Program – All the details you need to launch a well balanced program of physical fitness and spiritual ministry. It is ideal for use in the gym, church, community center, home and among any small group.
2. Everybody Can Do It - Everyone has different experiences, abilities and motivations. We outline ways to adapt this book and program to various skills, needs, limitations and goals. This is a “how to” guide with a “can do” attitude.
3. Nutrition Matters Too - Beyond all the vigorous exercise and powerful stories there is still a need to transform one of our most basic daily activities --- eating. We plug you into good food and a whole lot more.
4. Chapter Summaries And Primary Concepts - This simple tool helps you to get organized, improve the focus of discussions and reflection and pursue lasting outcomes.
5. Every Body Matters Soulbyte - This collection of music paired with spoken Bible passages is ready to download direct to your ipod or other device for personal listening or group exercise.
I encourage you to bookmark this Every Body Matters ONLINE page and return often as it expands with resources and users. Faith & Fitness Magazine is your tool for powerful, healthy and passionate living. Now that you are online with Every Body Matters you’re ready to start a powerful fitness program for you and your community.
-Brad Bloom, Publisher
One of the main messages in Every Body Matters is that you need to view your body as an instrument rather than an ornament. It is a shift in your perspective about exercising from, “do it for yourself” to “do it for others”.
Through exercise and fitness you can positively impact those in your home, church, workplace, school, fitness group --- in many areas throughout your community.
The book provides a basis for study and conversation. Don’t view this as a Bible study with a bit of exercise added or a group exercise program with a short devotional.
The Every Body Matters Fitness Program gives you and your community an equally balanced blend of faith and fitness. Your church group may find the fitness to be a bit foreign. Your gym may find group discussions of faith to be a rather different way to meet member expectations. This program offers you the flexibility to adapt to different groups and support different needs.
The Every Body Matters Fitness Program is easy to introduce and implement. It can support either a single organizer or a collaborative team approach.
Every Body Matters ONLINE offers a complete menu of resource pages. You can ORDER THE BOOK NOW. Go ahead and CONTACT US to start getting one-on-one support with the Every Body Matters Fitness Program.