I don’t just want to survive – I want to thrive. We’ve all heard the analogies about how life is a race. Finish it strong. But it should be about more than just surviving to the end. It is a daily journey and each step I take leads me down a path of discovery, adventure and hope. It leads me into a greater appreciation that God wants us to truly thrive.
Ask me about my childhood and I have a rush of bitterness and sweet memories combined. They say your childhood makes you and shapes you for the future. The power of life altering lessons I’ve learned from my childhood have certainly shaped me. I’ve heard it a million times, you can’t blame the past for your future. That is one reason why I truly believe we all need to find healing for the broken areas in our lives. You need to HEAL and you need to DEAL or the past will somewhat haunt your future and spiral into habits. It is easy to put things under the rug. But trust me, how you do ANYTHING is how you do EVERYTHING.
If you want to change your days from being in survival mode to thriving with power and passion then discover how the simple things can affect everything. Here are ten ways you can change today and thrive everyday going forward:
1. Start Your Day With God - Spend time every day reading God's Word and devoting time in prayer. Ask God to be your trainer through life.
2. Wake Early - This adds hours to your day to fit more in. Its true, the early bird really does get the worm.
Jalette found when she set her alarm 1 hour earlier to fit in a workout she started off her day with more energy. She actually enjoys getting up early and working out. It also helps her stay on track with her nutrition throughout the day.
3. Work Up A Sweat! - Practice self control, self discipline by getting in shape and being healthy. Take care of the temple He gave you!
"I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:27
4. Tidy Up - Clean your surroundings. Less is more. Cluttered mind= fuzzy thinking.
5. Control Your Thoughts - Start by becoming more aware of your negative self talk. Set a timer throughout the day to remind yourself to think about what thoughts are going through your head. You might surprise yourself.
6. Start Single Tasking - Accomplish ONE thing at ONE time. You will be less stressed and actually start to get things done.
7. Surround Yourself With Positive People - You are a product of your surroundings. A good judge of this is to think about how you feel after you spend time with someone. If they pull you up the ladder in life, keep them around.
Maria started to achieve personal success when she made some changes of who she was spending her spare time with. Once she focused on reaching out, connecting and being with people who value what she values she started to flourish.
8. Plan Out Your Day The Night Prior - "Failing to plan is planning to fail". Waking up with a plan leads to a successful day. This creates a daily routine which eventually leads to a habit.
9. Get Outside - This will force you to take time and literally "stop and smell the roses". Taking in fresh air rejuvenate you and allows you to think clear.
Ashley found a new liking to working out once she moved it outside. Her 1 mile treadmill time quickly became a 3 mile outdoor adventure!
10. Daily Lead Others - Lead Others by serving as Christ did.
As the Bible says, "The greatest among you will be your servant."
Can you change your days in ten ways? It’s not really a question of “can you” - it is more a question of “WILL YOU”? When you choose to give your life daily to God you will not just live life more fully, you will be life to others. POST A COMMENT HERE and share about the changes you are making.
is a regular contributor to Faith & Fitness Magazine
. She is a fitness personality, performance nutrition coach and executive for the world leader in whole-body nutritional cleansing, cellular replenishing and youthful aging. Check out her website EM Faith, Fitness And Nutrition
for tips and inspirational content.